Frequently Asked Questions about Bulk SMS:
1. What is bulk sms or bulk messaging?
Bulk Messaging is the delivery of large numbers of SMS messages to mobile handsets. It is used by various enterprises for a variety of purposes including mobile marketing and important notifications. Bulk SMS is commonly used for service renewal reminders, offers & discounts, event reminders, festival wishes, and important alerts, etc.
2. How many messages can I send at a time?
You can send 1, 1000, 100000, or any number of messages at a time.
3. Can I send national sms?
You can send both local and national sms (within India). There are no additional charges for national sms.
4. What is the maximum text length allowed?
The message length allowed for 1 credit message is 160 characters. If the text length exceeds 160 characters then the message consumes 2 or more credits. The character length for 2 messages is 306, for 3 messages is 459, for 4 messages is 612, and for 5 messages is 724.
5. What are sms credits?
SMS credits are the currency you need to purchase to send messages. A message with 160 characters consumes 1 credit. It consumes more than 1 credit if message length is more than 160 characters.
6. How do I check my sms credit balance?
Credit balance can be seen from your control panel after you login to your account.
7. How messages deliver if the same consumes more than 1 credit?
It delivers as a single SMS irrespective of credit count.
8. Do my business/organization need bulk sms service?
Many hundreds of industries and enterprises are benefiting from Bulk SMS.
9. Do I need to install software to send messages?
SMSRING.COM provides online interface. A computer/laptop/smart phone with internet connection is necessary to send messages. Software installation is not required if you use online interface to send messages.
10. How do I send messages?
Login to the account, compose a message, enter/upload mobile numbers, and click on Send button to start delivering messages. You will receive a secured account with the login URL, username, and password when you order a bulk sms package or request a Demo from SMSRNG.COM.
11. Do SMSRING.COM adds any text in our message?
SMSRING.COM doesn’t add any text in your message.
12. What are your bulk sms packages?
Visit SMSRING.COM page for details.
13. Is it possible to test the service of SMSRING.COM before purchasing?
Yes. Please register for a FREE Demo Account. One of the SMSRING.COM officers helps you with the demo account. SMSRING.COM offers fully functional demo account.
14. How do I manage my contacts?
You can create and manage groups for contacts management.
15. Can I schedule messages for later date and time?
16. What is a Sender ID?
The recipients receive messages with a title (or Header) and content. The title looks like LM-060000 or LM-DEMOAC. This is called as Sender ID.
17. Can I choose my Sender ID?
You can select your company name or brand name (6 characters) like TD-CHUKKI as your sender id in case of transactional messages.
18. Is it possible to integrate bulk sms into our software?
Yes. We provide HTTP APIs which can be used in your application/software.
19. How do I confirm the message delivery?
You can view and download detailed message delivery reports from your control panel.
20. How much time does it take to deliver a message?
Messages start delivering immediately after you click on Send or Submit button.
21. What is the validity of my account?
Every account comes with Lifetime validity.
22. What is a DND registered number?
DND (Do Not Disturb) registered numbers are those numbers registered under NCPR (National Customer Preference Register) not to receive any commercial call or message.
23. Do messages deliver to DND (Do Not Disturb) numbers?
It depends on the intended purpose of use.
24. Do smsring.com allows sending commercial call or messages to DND registered numbers?
No. As per the TRAI regulations, commercial calls, or messages deliver to only Non-DND numbers.
25. What are the differences between promotional and transactional messages?
Promotional Messages Transactional Messages
Send promotional/informative messages to known/unknown contacts Send only informative messages to known contacts like employees, customers, members, etc.
Messages deliver instantly Messages deliver instantly
As per the TRAI regulations, message delivery time is 9 am to 9 pm Message deliver 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
Messages deliver with the 6 digit numerical sender id Messages deliver with the 6 letter sender id (For Example: MD-DEMOAC)
Messages deliver on all non-DND numbers (non NCPR numbers). Credits not deducted for DND numbers Messages deliver on all numbers including DND numbers
No control over the sender id Option to get multiple sender ids in one account
26. How to get 6 letters alphabetical sender id for promotional messages?
You can avail the same through transaction Non-DND account.
27. Which file formats are supported to upload numbers to send Bulk SMS?
.csv (Character Separated Values) file.
28. What is the difference between .xls and .csv file?
XLS files consume more memory size compared to CSV files when data entered one below one in a single column. Due to their small memory size CSV files can be uploaded and downloaded much faster than XLS files.
XLS is an MS Excel workbook binary file, which holds information about all the worksheets in a workbook. CSV files hold plain text as a series of values (cells) separated by commas (,) in a series of lines (rows).
XLS files can only read by applications that have been specially written to read their format, and can only be written in the same way. CSV file can be opened in a text editor.
29. Can I send non-English (Unicode/Indian Language) message?
Yes. Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Gujrathi, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, and Bengali messages deliver through smsring.com messaging platform. Every message consumes 70 characters/credit in Unicode messaging.
30. What happens on recharge?
When you recharge (buy credits for the existing account) the newly bought credits will be added to the balance credits.
31. Are there any hidden charges?
smsring.com packages don’t have any hidden fees. Transaction charges apply on few payment modes (Bank charges in case of cash deposit and transaction fees in case of credit/debit card payment).
32. How smsring.com comes to know about the depositor of the amount?
smsring.com always expects the respective payment transaction document’s soft copy from the amount depositor along with the order form. Respective documents include scanned copy of challan, fund transfer successful transaction id, cheque number, credit/debit card transaction number, etc.
33. I am in Delhi. Do you provide your services in Delhi?
Yes. We serve clients from all parts of India.
34. What is smsring.com working hours?
10 am to 7 pm on all business days.
35. What are the credentials of SMSRING.com?
SMSRING.com is owned by SMSRING Technologies based in Indore, India. SMSRING.com is providing messaging services from 2014 and has a strong 20000+ loyal customers all over India as on 2019. SMSRING Technologies is a registered firm as per state and central government norms.
36. Do SMSRING.com send any sales executives to customer’s office?
The complete process including demo account, account activation, pre-sales & after-sales support, business proposal, and invoice happens over online, email, and phone. The message sending process is much similar to sending a message from your mobile phone.
37. How do you support your customers?
We provide support via phone, email, and remote screen sharing (if necessary).
38. How much does it cost per sms?
It depends on the package and volume you choose.
39. How do I buy bulk sms packs from SMSRING.com?
Contact SMSRING.com or request a FREE Bulk SMS Demo Account. One of the officers will get back to you with the ordering information.
40. How do I pay for the packages?
Visit Bulk SMS page for payment options.
41. Can I partner with SMSRING.com?
Yes. You can resell our sms solutions.